Projects and events that educate, unify and empower LGBTQ+ people as integral members of Hawaii's larger diverse community. To have your program listed, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note, the Hawaii LGBT Legacy Foundation (HLLF) provides this calendar as a service to the community. For more information about particular listings, please contact the presenting organizations, not HLLF. Read our disclaimer here. Mahalo.
- This event has passed.
April 29 – 30: Power In Prevention Conference
The Los Angeles LGBT Center will host its inaugural Power in Prevention Conference virtually on April 29th and April 30th. This conference will bring prevention workers and educators from across the nation to participate in workshops focused on the intersections of LGBTQ youth and prevention work.
The conference will provide adult attendees with:
- A plenary speaker each day who will discuss impacts they are making in the field of prevention;
- Workshops with specific topics to support LGBTQ youth in your communities;
- Workshops will include:
- Reducing Stigma around Substance Misuse,
- Recruiting LGBTQ+ Youth through Social Media,
- Sober Spaces,
- Changing the School Climate,
- Community Organizing & Coalition Building,
- A Youth Panel
- An interactive session
The conference will be organized by the Center’s Community Action Network (CAN) Coalition, and there is a lower cost of registration for agencies who register in groups.
For more information and to register, visit: https://modelsofpride.org/prevention
For workshops descriptions, visit: https://modelsofpride.org/power-in-prevention-workshops/