Projects and programs that educate, unify and empower LGBTQ+ people as integral members of Hawaii’s larger diverse community.To have your program listed, contact: email@example.com Please note, the Hawaii LGBT Legacy Foundation (HLLF) provides this Community Calendar as a service to the community. For more information about particular listings, please contact the presenting organizations, not HLLF. Read our disclaimer here. Mahalo.
Application deadline: April 30 | Wahine In Film Lab
The Wāhine in Film Lab is open for submission to its 2021 program for wāhine filmmakers. The Lab runs from June to November, 2021, and operates as an incubator for the development of 10 short film ideas into viable projects.
In its 1st annual edition, the Wāhine in Film Lab offers:
• Workshops providing valuable and practical information about the business of filmmaking
• Mentorship as one-to-one check in time with an assigned mentor
• Support services instrumental in making films offered by Hawaiʻi Women in Filmmaking, such as access to story consultants and cultural advisors
• A notice board and directory of local women filmmakers to work with/hire
• A pool of HWF filmmaking programs’ graduates eager to get hands-on experience as
• Production Assistants and in other roles
• Fundraising and grant resources and assistance in proposal writing
• Networking opportunities with other women media makers
• fiscal sponsorship for their film production
Time commitment entails:
• Attending two workshops a month (one on the first and third Friday of the month, 5:00 to 6:00 pm starting June 4th, 2021)
• Up to 2 hours of one-to-one time with assigned mentor
• 3-5 gatherings throughout the Lab time
Currently, all lab activities are offered online.
A stipend of $1,000 is offered upon completion of the Wāhine in Film Lab.
Learn more here.